Thursday, January 10, 2008

What a difference a "D" makes

The other day a postcard for an upcoming show caught my eye: "the Lack of Desire" opening next week in DUMBO.

Looking at the list of artists, I saw one name I recognized, except it was spelled wrong (or so I thought)... a former colleague, Jill Magid's name was listed, except without the last "D".

Jill Magi.

I was curious, as I used to share a studio with Jill Magid with a "D"...so I googled her with the "incorrect" spelling, and found a completely different and new artist: Jill Magi. It was as if I conjured her up out of thin air. Ironically, I loved the work of this (new to me) artist.



Really interesting work, very much in line with work I used to do when I was sharing space with Jill Magid. It inspired me to see someone's process take form in the way her work has.

I would like to introduce myself to her at the opening. Now I'm definitely going to go to the opening. I'm having trouble embedding the link to her website on this page, but I'll keep trying.

No comments: