Friday, January 4, 2008

Today's beginning

I feel like the lady at the desk today, this year. Alenka will be off to school come September and so will we, I hope (applying for an MFA program.)

Still dancing part-time, preparing for a show in April, off to visit the east coast come February and celebrating the 30 years of my existence. Somehow a lot of responsibility comes for me with this number. More to myself than to others (but of course I have others to be responsible for as well).

I want to get into a habit of showing my work- in cafes, hospitals, schools anywhere really. Was inspired by the Seurat sketchbooks enormously- need an exchange with artists. I know what you meant when you said the exchange with artists in LA "came naturally". I felt the same way in Oregon last fall. Want that to continue wherever I am.

So here is a showing (you are my first viewer) of works in progress from the studio, keep in mind that my camera work is not professional but you can get the feel of the work:

image of holding ali for the first time- more about the feel of that. need to work with all the images from birth and this murky red, maroon liquid. ( These will not be paintings- I want something with actual liquid where the images will float- the image of the umbillical cord for example)

scraps- continuing paiting in color over some older black and white images- erasing the figures with some gray, turquoise paint

detail- albeit blurry

scrapbooking-transfers of soldiers in various fields
detail


comission- cobalt, lemon yellow and red madder underpainting




















No comments: