Saturday, January 19, 2008

Performance Friday and Of Painter's Birth

Thanks for the date Angela and Hayley.

I read your post Friday midday and decided to get to work- Protest was documented with video (hope to upload within a few days.)

Protested in three settings around our house (Alenka was napping so I could not get farther into the suburbs.) The work did not have any spectators, except for one car that drove by.

Wearing an clack overcoat and my arms raised, I chanted to myself, "hitting someone you love is against the law."

From the Protest:
The black overcoat mirrored one soldier's uniform- so I want to somehow (be it with a projection of myself or a painted image) explore our connection; like extending a hand, and hugging.
I've been reading "Creativity Beyond Compare" - and inspired through it. Here's the second version to our birth: The forms will be completely erased except for small squares and the larger one of the umbilical cord.


No comments: