Thursday, April 3, 2008

Studio

Starting a studio class no matter what coast we are on.

Also have to work on confidence- I'm getting thinner and thinner in my work, meaning that I started with clay, mass in sculpture. Moved in to the second dimension and have taken away stretcher bars just onto canvas- Now the work is moving toward paper. I am a little afraid of it disappearing, although of course that is where it eventually has to go. It is lovely, being this light however, airy.

It was nice to get excited through talking with my therapist today- inspiring actually. Prompted me to start proposing the studio classs here at the community center. Although we are not sure when we are moving (be it this summer or a year from now- probably Eastern Massachusetts, Northhampton is sticking out as a nice space to be, raise Alenka) I want to start sowing seeds. (The peas, lettus, spinach and strawberries are already in the ground.)

No comments: