Tuesday, April 22, 2008

help

What could it feel like to have the sound of eggs breaking under one's foot as an alternate to actually having the eggs break under one's foot? Could that be as effective for you? I still imagine hundreds of eggs, and the interiors being cast in plaster is great. Not so delicate after all.

As for me, I need help with a lot of things.

I need help with my studio practice
I need help managing my time
I need help with my patent application
I need help communicating that I need help
I need help coordinating with my contractor, following up with the bank, corresponding with our attorney, trying to not be bitter towards the engineer who stole from us, our first contractor that stole from us, our former architect who sanctioned our second contractor to steal from us, etc.
I need help with our sidewalk; it needs to be finished
I need help with the paperwork that needs to be submitted
I need help with the city that won't listen
I need help with the expediter who I can't understand,
I need help with my business partner who is also my husband
I need help cooking, shopping, making the bed, remembering what it is to be a woman and not just a building developer
I need help not feeling so scattered
I need help thinking about starting a family
I need help thinking about what am I going to do for money when this project is over
I need help applying to residencies to get out of New York
I need help financing my trip to the workshop this summer
I need help to stop being so hard on myself about everything

1 comment:

Amey said...

It's good that you have compiled a list... even just the act of really considering what you need help with.

Then the question arises: who is the best person to ask for help for each item? Yourself? Turu? Friends? Associates? Paid professionals?

Is there a creative way that I could help with your studio practice? I also feel a need for help with my studio practice, which is currently much more ether than matter. Perhaps we could help one another?

love Amey