Friday, April 4, 2008

Been reading Gablik's "Conversations" the one with James Hillman; they are talking of art serving something; outside of the current commodity god. Gablik asks the question "what could art better serve than the things it has been serving throughout our lifetimes?"

This passage resonates- to me art has always been a gift- my grandmother would often poin to the paintings hanging and refer to the friend that painted them. Art is a gift to me- I feel honored being in the studio, elated when I have the moments to work. It is the gift given to me by my husband each time he takes Alenka out for a few hours.

Tonight at the opening that was the energy in the space- continuous giving and receiving. It reminds me of what my therapist said yesterday. We were talking about a truck driving by a window. I guess the frequency of the engine speaks to the windows and they answer back. Sending you this frequency:

No comments: