Sunday, April 27, 2008

Progression in waves


It is very difficult to read the newspaper articles as they are so devestating. The judgemental part of me stirrs up anger. What does one do about this non sense?

I worked hanging some drawings and reworking the painting above in a Seattle coffee shop today. The canvas is stapled directly onto the wall. The image will continue and morph into Women in Black which will directly confront people walking into the cafe. (considering Victims Stop! for the new title) The interaction with people who come in and out is extraordinary. From someone fostering a boy in Kenya to folks who demanded to sit outside. (Have a feeling their decision had to do something with the images.) Overall the responce was positive and stirred folks. Will be showing there for a month and half as well as painting in the wall of the cafe once a week and documenting the process.

I hear what you are saying about uncertainty- I have been in personal limbo this past year, anxiety filled in the blink of an eye. Work is the sustaining element. I received an acceptance letter to start my MFA this summer at Vermont College. I'm thrilled and at the same time overwhelmed with this new responsability.

I would love to see a shot of Airing Dirty Laundary intalled. This work needs to be out there.
sending you some tulips.

No comments: