Monday, February 18, 2008

WACK!

On Sunday I woke up and was open to whatever the day was going to bring me. I left the apartment with no plan of activities in my head at all. I walked by the job site, and the tree was still alive, and our cornice had been installed and it looked absolutely amazing. I was happy.

I took the bus to studio and realized the show WACK must have opened at PS1 so I decided to go. I didn't realize it was the opening day, and that I was one of the first 100 people in the museum. How exciting! The show blew me away. I felt like I was at a family reunion, re-visiting aunties, older ancestors, cousins, and mothers. It was very well curated...I hope the curators learned from the Documenta...it felt like they did in terms of gathering artists together, leading the viewer from area to area.

I was interviewed for a Documentary by PS1 about the show. That was interesting. There were hours of video I have to go back to see, many pieces of work I have to re-visit and many others I have to learn about and then re-look at.

It was such an inspiring and totally unexpected day for me! My heart felt so full. The only thing I didn't like was that one could not take photographs of the work. Why the hell not? I thought. I wish I could post some images here. But Tereza if you are here when the show is here, you must go. It's amazing.

No comments: