Thursday, February 14, 2008

A letter to KeySpan

Below, a letter to KeySpan, edited (not originally intended for public view).
This is part of what I got to do today, someone else's job!!
I just love doing everyone else's work. It makes me feel productive.

TO: KEYSPAN CLAIMS DEPARTMENT

FROM: ANGELA ILLGEN

RE: 101 SOUTH SECOND STREET, BROOKLYN, NY
STREET TREE DAMAGE BY KEYSPAN TRENCH DIGGING,

DATE: FEBRUARY 14, 2008

To Whom It May Concern:

Today, Keyspan began digging sidewalk trenches on my property and destroyed the street tree, I had recently planted there. The work being done by Keyspan also damaged the tree pit itself, cobblestones, stakes and soil.

The property is a vacant lot and I do not have a Keyspan account.

The street tree’s inspection by the NYC Parks Department was scheduled for next week (w/o February 18, 2008) and now has to be re-scheduled to allow for repurchasing of all materials including a new tree, and replanting the tree.

This letter officially requests reimbursement for all monetary losses related to street tree damaged caused by trench digging by Keyspan.

I have already faxed your office photo documentation of damage to the tree pit, stakes, cobblestones, and tree itself.

I request a reimbursement for the following:
the cost of the tree
cobblestones
organic soil
mulch
stakes
the cost of cutting the tree pit itself
In total, the amount =

Please remit payment to the following address:

Angela Illgen


If your office has any questions or comments regarding the above claim, please do not hesitate to contact me at the number listed above.

Thank you,

Angela Illgen

No comments: