Sunday, March 30, 2008

Solo "Moments"


My first solo show is up!- at one of our favorite coffee shops- none the less, I am happy to see the work outside of my little space.


(I feel like I am rising up to the skies on your staircase.)


here's an invitation: (would love to see you!)




Tereza Swanda

“Moments”


at Soulfood Books and Café
March 31- April 12, 2008
OPENING RECEPTION:
April 6, 2008
4:00-6:00

Swanda’s exhibit “Moments” at Soulfood is a body of work reflecting upon the small moments we actually feel alive; the moments of awareness.

ARTIST’S STATEMENT:

From the day my daughter was born I realize in practice how precious life is and how little of it we actually live, with our whole being. Inspired by Washington’s amazing environment, I am continuously struck by colors, even under neutral gray skies. It is precisely this bleakness that radiates colors of foliage and plant life. I layer color onto previously stark black and white under paintings, first listening to see what specific color is called for to present a healing landscape.

ADDRESS:
15748 Redmond Way
Redmond, WA 98052

1 comment:

Puppy Grandma said...

Tereza--

I cannot believe that I missed you guys. Thank you for the beautiful painting. I owe you money. Please send an address. We pray all is well for you and the family. You have a bunch of mail in the box. Would you like me to do something with it? Also, the birch tree came down yesterday!

Catherine