Friday, March 14, 2008

I often think teaching be received in the way one walks into a room, or the way one holds the door open for someone during "rush hour", the way one speaks to a bank teller, how one sweeps the floor.

Although I have not formally taught for about five years, the thought of teaching by example comes to mind most days. I try to hold that in my mind, and be aware of my actions towards myself and towards others. It's been easier to be more kind and to act with more compassion since getting attuned to reiki 2. I am sending healing back to myself as a child, to collapse the idea of time and space.

Yesterday I was talking to someone who told me, jokingly, that he has become the person he always hated because he's moving into a luxury condo with his wife and kid and their dog next month. I really heard what he said and thought to myself that I never want to say that about myself or even think that about myself. It's interesting how grave sometimes "light" conversation is. Really think about what that phrase can signify.

What he said can also be a lesson, a teaching, a gift. What does it mean to compromise oneself so much to the point of becoming the very thing one hates? Aren't those aspects in one all the time, and to "hate" or to "love" them is all ego-driven anyway? It's sometimes hard to let go.


Also bringing color back into this conversation, I immediately thought of the Crown Chakra, pictured above.

DEFINITION:
Identified by Yoga as the 'Crown' or "Thousand-Petaled Lotus" Chakra, this Aura-center encompasses the Crown of the Head, upper brain-mass and the ductless glands located within the brain. Associated with "Macroprospectus" in Kaballah.. and 'Cosmic Consciousness' in western Mystical traditions.. this Chakra "houses" that portion of the Self which endures unchanged through time. While the Soul (centered in the Third Eye or Brown Chakra just below the Crown) evolves from Life to Life (or Phase to Phase in our development,) the Akashic "Light Body" can be viewed as one's "ETERNAL POTENTIAL" and "LASTING IDENTITY."

This Chakra connects to THE AKASHIC PLANE of 'indestructable light' of Asian Metaphysics. The Self-Identity which lives in this dimension of Light was called 'the Sekhem' by ancient Egyptians (meaning "the Power" and "the Form",) and may best be translated into English as "the God-Self" of Jungian Analysis. For further information on this, see the Spiritual/Metaphysical Level of this Manual.. as well as the God-Self Phase in the Mental/Emotional Level.

No comments: