Monday, March 3, 2008

Change



We are in a state of flux- although consciously I know things always flow, move, change, I am a bit slow at it these days. I work slower and although this for me feels normal I feel like I am not keeping up with other's pace.




We are transitioning to the East coast, Alenka is off to montessori school, I will have to start some sort of finance, my husband will be transitioning form his job. Change is in the air for us strongly, I am just overwhelmed by the how, what, when? Things are up in the air and I need some grounding or for things to at least start to present themselves.




I'm impatient with just being, or even trying to understand what I currently am. I've been so completely shaken (emotionally, physically) these past few years. I'm not even sure I will come out the same in the end.




I am very drawn to your drawings, they are so refreshing for me- I am completely in love with the drawing of your bending ladies after your statement, I feel that bend so strongly. I also think your work has reached a new level- the drawings in combination with Airing Dirty Laundary and Meaningcleaning- it is all very powerful. (Do you recognize that? See your power?)




On a more current note, in responce to the last few posts




We were back in my home/teenage town last week. I took very few images but found some inspiration in very old work, to be continued.




I'm relating to your dinner conversation and the calling card.


I was briefly visiting my father- in the hour or so we spent together there were a slew of racist, derogatory remarks. I too could only stay silent. I could see the history, remembered past conversations, how my father and his friends would connect, comeroderate over 'jokes'. In later years knowing full well we, his daughters and first generations immigrats could not stand there obscene laughter. I think at this point he has forgotten my annoyed presence and is expressing what he thinks brings him closer to others. How sad. I soon let go of the hatred that usually brewed in me while he threw his casual remarks around, glad Alenka is too young to notice much besides the chocolate offered to her and the playmate she found in him.




I'm glad to hear someone may join this dialogue. I do post at a very slow rate and I think opening it up is needed.


No comments: