Sunday, December 30, 2007

Gray



I'm here, with you...


Phew! With the model train running, the robotic vacuum cleaner going and stacks of leftovers on every table... after holiday blues, I know them well.
Let's talk about the gray. I take pictures of the sky- every day if possible, when I'm disciplined. It is winter, and cold, the weather fierce and we are very small in this case. I feel my feeble stature. When I feel the worst I lie on the deck and watch the clouds pass as my mood rolls over me.

Painting gray: I am working with cool transparent colors: lemon yellow, permanent madder, cobalt. With these and white some amazing grays and browns happen (also a touch of indian yellow) thinking about painting the gray sky (limitless task here).

Will post images of studio shortly, missing you.. our next family adventure (after end of schooling and loans) building a cob house for the fam. So excited by your process of growth in your structure!



No comments: