Friday, July 6, 2007

"Thank You for Seeing Me"- form the album, Universay Mother by Sinead Oconnor

been dancing a great amount. It is in a very different context than ten year ago when I was competing. This time I am moving my body freely with other women. It is about just that- it is still an expression of feeling at times sexual, mostly not. Where I was moving my body for others; judges, men, women, I am now moving for myself.

I have also started teaching couples! and of course the every day- tension with the history between man/woman; sexual, predatory, vulnerable, submissive, strong, weak are all there. I am excited to be working in this dynamic, for as an objective (at times!) outsider, I see and can tweak this dance. I am excited because I think I can shake up some of their respecive roles and hopefully when the dust settles (and they are done kicking up their heels) things may settle in a different way.

For myself the dance of nia has been grounding my independence as a woman, person, soul. Will post images soon and am very exited to be Through the Eyes of Strangers with you! (We are all going to help install the show and be there hopefully for the opening).

No comments: