Thursday, July 5, 2007

re-arrange, recognition

I rearranged my entire studio today; now my 6' paintings are confronting each other, the ten foot poles are on the other wall, and I can still see the traces of all my writings through the gesso...

It's not about the cow being the cow anymore but the female in relation to the male...aspects of my work that have always existed as a reaction to a former trauma now existing quite literally in the same space. Webbing together outside and inside.

Working title is The Stain of Memory: for Europa. Bringing together my interest in the "other" side of Greek myths, confronting Zeus, Apollo, and all the other immortal rapists. Zeus is in the form of the bull that kidnapped and raped Europa; the sacred cow is the sacred cow.

Two aspects of myself facing each other
the submerged and the surface
the repressed and the "easy"
the light and the dark
the masculine and the feminine
the back and the front

Some parts of my long list checked off today. More studio time tomorrow!
Tereza my images to the show out there are being sent out this weekend at the latest...Re-working the word wheels but the images/text pieces are done.

I'll post them here once they're scanned.

xxx

No comments: