Sunday, February 18, 2007

The spiral


Interesting to be starting another blog after my initial curiosity petered out mid-2006. I feel like I am getting back to how I used to be but have never been before.

Some new aspects to consider today:

-circulating ideas dissapates their potency or memory, and at the same time increases possibilities of change. Starting a conversation and possible collaboration with TMS about working with one's traumas in one's current reality.

-living one's life as an artist is more than just making work in studio. I feel like my past is collapsing into my present as I cleaned out and threw out all old paperwork in my closets.

-I feel it's one's choice to feel confined.

-I recently returned from a cultural exchange workshop in Capetown South Africa. After two weeks of being back in New York City, I catch myself swaying back to being "cool" and have to check myself back to the reality i want to live in.

-I am so excited about making work I can hardly sleep.

-The drop of ink in the water glass: let the ideas permeate, deepen, slowly and thoughtfully. Maybe stop skipping from thing to thing and think about how deep one can go with an idea or concept.

No comments: