Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Settling into what you believe in



Congratulations- I'm thinking you are at the residency?
Pulling yourself out of a familiar context and settling into what is really you is always good.
I wish you a healthy stay (I know going up the West coast might not be in the plan but we would love to see you.) and will be joining you in this concept of arriving next month in Vermont.
I have just completed the above scroll- as it wraps around my studio. It was done as an homage to Amzie- whose casket was decorated with bumper stickers that stood for what she believed in- the visuals are all from last July's National Geographic, each image is about the size of a bumper sticker and of course there were many images that spoke of this beautiful woman. The scroll will be sent from Vermont to her daughter. I'm thinking of flying it like a kite's tail- as well as displaying it, like above, wrapping around an intimate space.

No comments: