Thursday, May 31, 2007

the list



Been absent from blogging for two weeks. Reasons, out of head, below:

-Open Studios: went wonderfully, entirely for myself. It was quite nice to pause and see my work in a simple and clear way. Responses were interesting and I felt really supported. I've not shown my work in over one year, and it's an interesting feeling to be building a building on the one hand, be a massage therapist on the other, and be an artist overall.

-The building project: Full steam ahead! Our baby's got a colon! The sewer connection got installed starting Monday...gigantic hole in the road, all shored up and exposed...but we've got a connection, the first teet on the grid. Exciting stuff.

-Re-creating a relationship with our lender for the construction loan now that we are the "owner/builder"...thinking about writing a book about our experiences from the ground up, literally.

-Trying not to forclose on our other property. Think good thoughts!!

-Property exorcism...to shun away bad spirits

-Dreaming about shorn sheep, wolf in sheep's clothing, the underside of a cat

-Motorcycling around the Catskills and camping on mountainsides with no blankets and lots of hyenas. Super fun

-Trying not to let depression ruin a good run. Just keep on pressing on.

-Summer: always a bonus but somehow I get more sad with the upswing of the season. By the time I shake it off, it's usually Autumn again. Only in Capetown did I truly love the hot weather.

No comments: