Sunday, May 13, 2007

Space, when underpainting is enough

Angela, you once posted the thought; when is under painting enough?

For me space and this question are intimately related. What is space and what is matter?
That and it questions mass itself.


I ask, what is the essence of form? Can I paint that?


Then it asks, what are we? particles, color.

Paint, what a wonderful medium to express this in.


I am thinking of my mother's mother. We talked earlier this morning, her voice clear in my ear although she is a world away. What a gift to have listened to it this Mother's Day.


Sending an image of her sitting in her garden almost ten years ago. One would never know there is a busy road right behind those bushes. She is one of those people that lights up the environment wherever she goes.


No comments: