Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Keeping perspective

My mood plumets- I feel like the gray outside. The wind is brutal and cold rain falls. It comes suddenly. I feel like crying with the rain.

I have no reason-logically and tears still fall.

I hardly have the list of errands like you have, Angela, yet I ache in my body. But I am glad you wrote them down. I will do the same hoping that my focus stays clear and I can look at things from the bird's eye perspective, bot getting bogged down with the daily grind.

Sit every morning- keeping still.
Make breakfast sitting with Alenka, talking
(food preperation is getting out of hand, as soon as we finish a meal I am preparing snacks, lunch, snacks, dinner, a late dinner for Ali- besides this she still asks to nurse about 5x a day, mamma mia!)
relax about food- keep the nutrition up but lose the stress
keep and expand the garden
install the rain barrels and finish the compost
keep the house as it should be, a ready place for us and Ali to do our work
rotate the toys- Ali's work
rotate the books, order new Czech ones
work on Ali's Czech citizenship
write the proposal for a sketchbook, drawing, painting classes at the community center
comitt to time in the studio- not only to paint

list of ideas for the studio
continue Women marks, and Umbillical cords
First Aid transfers on jars
Video- roots as hair- washing it in a tub
child witnesses - old idea from photos I took of my kids in NY
myself mirrored (idea already posted)
Relabeling- transfers on jars
Herstory- taking images from Century- work with,on, through them
Slaveship- proposal for a lifesize image of a ship that carried slaves- people stamped next to each other
The many folded human- people cutouts holding hands (painting)
Videos- 360 degrees indoor landscape (saw a beautiful painitng on one of alenka's baloons as it slowly rotated and projected our living space)
Alenka's laughs
Flying dresses- flying my grandmother's and mother's dress in the sky like a kite
River series- (large paintings) from above



am interested in looking at the sky (Earth's aura) and the reverse, back at the Earth from above

No comments: