Sunday, June 8, 2014

reflections from the day

time does not matter

20 clear minutes in the studio (realistically 2 hours) is plenty


what is one (re)presenting?
In terms of 
repetition
reproduction? 

(such a strange word! Really? When making children are we really "manufacturing from components or raw materials." or "cause (a particular result or situation) to happen or come into existence.")

thoughts from 
molds of my grandfather
playing with heads

Is the individual important?
Yes, only in relation to the whole.

Of course, it is impossible to repeat. Every texture of air, various vibrations, the way the guitar string cuts through the clay, nothing is ever repeated.
Yet, there are patterns. I am listening to nature's patterns here, again. I want to follow those in my daily life.

tablecloth as
grandmother's doily
as snowflake. 





I'm also learning that what we call leisure
is just as important to the creative process 
as what we call work. 

No comments: