Wednesday, April 4, 2012

exhibition opening


Everything is changed and nothing has changed.

I am installing five of my most recent paintings in a group exhibition that opens on Saturday. The announcement is above. There are seven artists in the show, all of whom are women.

We've transformed an empty storefront in a historic district of Kingston, NY into a gallery that will be open for three weekends only. It's been interesting so far to work with the other artists on this project. All of our work is very different, and yet it exists quite well in relation to one another. As far as I can tell, everyone is excited about it.

On a personal note, I am relieved to be exhibiting again.
It's been a long time since I've felt like I've had anything of merit to share with the world.
This is inspiring me to continue working, to stay the course, to deepen my understanding of what I'm doing (or what I think I'm doing)

I will post images of the opening and the show as it unfolds.

xo
A



No comments: