Sunday, November 27, 2011

Straw into gold

The gold that is my life - all of it, the baby, the house, the weather, the work - is beginning to glean...

I've started an application for a solo show.
I've also started my portion of an edition. One work every day for 30 days and I'll meet the deadline of January 1, 2012.

I was working on the application/proposal for most of yesterday, with the baby in the room with me. He was calling for me, making noises, moving around, consistently needing attention. And I was able to work with it, with him. For the first time since he's been born, I didn't see anything 'distracting' about it. If anything, it was a grounding reminder to be clear and not to waste time.

Straw into gold. Without locking myself up in the tower!
(full story here)





No comments: