Thursday, June 11, 2009

So long, NW

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Angela Rose Voulgarelis Illgen wrote:

Hi Debbie,
Thank you for contacting me about working on a pre-natal client tomorrow at Namaste.
Attached please find my resume with my NYS license number.
References available upon request.

As I mentioned to Carlota, I am willing to help.
However, I am hesitant because your rate is significantly lower than my own.
For 90 minutes of work, plus set up and break down of the room, it is an extremely low rate for a New York Licensed Massage Therapist to only receive $50.
I would like to receive a 5-class card in addition to my percentage for the massage.

I should have mentioned this before I accepted the offer to work on your client, but to be honest, the call took me by surprise.

Thanks,
Angela

Hi Angela,
The going rate for massage therapists in Manhattan is tops $35/1.5hr plus maybe a tip. Here you make $50/1.5hr massage + tip. That is more than fair actually almost too fair on my part. On top of that every massage therapist who works here is NYS LMT's some of which work for some of the most upscale spas in Manhattan yet still make more money here.
Sorry to take you by surprise, it won't happen again.
We'll find someone else for the massage.
Thank You,
~Debbie~

No comments: