Monday, June 15, 2009

June 15, 2009

This weekend, during my insomnia and migraine, I found a polaroid of myself from 6/16/83.
I know the date because I wrote it on the top right corner of the picture.
I am 9 years old.
I am wearing red shorts and a striped tank top.
I am standing with my arms behind my back, leaning on the side of the building.
My right leg is slightly bent against the building.
I am wearing yellow flip flops.
There is graffiti on the building behind me - blue spray paint, and white spray paint.
RapSi.
Javove.
There are scuff marks on the building by the sidewalk
On the far right corner of the photograph there is a blurry hand - perhaps someone else was sitting in front.
A ball or something else white is in their hand.
I have a smile on my face, but my lips are almost closed.
My hair is barely to my shoulders.
There is a sign "YMCA entrance" in the doorway behind the glass, but I know it's not the main entrance to the YMCA on 23rd street. Perhaps it's the back entrance for people who live there.
My shoulders are slightly hunched.
There is a reflection of a blue sedan in the doorway.

Tomorrow is 6/16/09.
I plan to find the location where the photo was taken, and take another picture of myself there.

No comments: