Sunday, June 17, 2007

This week in Brooklyn

-(4) steel beams, at 1500 lbs. each, got installed on site Friday
-Hired carpenter crew to fix structure; starting them tomorrow
-Thinking about writing a book about my experience as builder/owner
-Dinner tonight with friends; meeting M's "new boyfriend"
-Packed for belated honeymoon today
-Rode bicycles with T. I don't want to leave Brooklyn; want to move out of Queens right away
-Re-structured finances with both banks; approved as builders to call our own shots
-Re-structured priorities at work
-Started making artwork again this week, regularly. A practice is a practice is a practice
-Felt extremely tired
-Heat wave upon us
-Was on hold for hours with various companies
-Fought for monies owed by cheating plumbing subcontractor
-Did not let myself get walked on by former boss
-Meditated in new space
-Got new space exorcised/cleansed yesterday; received bonus housewarming gift of new sage smudge
-Realized we may have to move back in with parents for 4 months while construction continues and after we close on our apartment sale.
-Basement apartments are not for us
-Rent is not for us either
-Mind/body connection OK this week. Direction of summer and direction of fear different
-Spoke to old friend who sounds stronger
-Dreamt my brother died, dreamt of having lockjaw, bloody teeth and gums, swollen mouth inside an out on my left side, in a tower, flying fish below, Maribel Garcia as a video knowing she's dead but seeing her made me cry.
-Woke up crying.
-Called my dad for happy father's day
-Brushed my hair

No comments: