Sunday, March 4, 2007

responsability for life-time

You're absolutely right. I definitelly did speak out of judgement. It was a situation that drove my thoughts all afternoon and by the time I sat down to post it carried with it an avolanch.

A mother's story..

I am blessed to share my time with Alenka's soul. I feel that we often communicate through telepathy (I see it when she sleeps- her jolts, breath, all connect to mine.) It is a joy to hold her, feel her softness, burry my lips into her cheek, saaaaaee her expressions as if I was looking into a mirror of the past- my expressions- her wonder at the world- was once mine as well. As I was talking to my friend who became a father to his third daughter last night, this human existance is totally amazing.

And at the same time- All my day with Alenka...

This is so very, very hard. The time I have to meditate, paint, email are these few moments. I am on call day and night- nights are tougher for I did not realize she would need me to parent through this time as well. I parent when I am sick or well, when she is sick or well, through all emotions. It is hardest when she is suffering and there is nothing I can do to help her- that brakes my heart. I only say this because motherhood and the work that comes with it is so often romanticized.

Whatever the condition we are in; be it single, or next to a person, or more people in a family situation, I think it is important to just work with ourselves. The others around us are gifts that come and one day go- if only I could apply this to everyone everyday!

No comments: