Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Letter to the Cells- my second pregnancy

Are you still there?

I'm tired, I want you out. But you are me and I can't escape.

You are dying, so slowly, please hurry up.

Who the fuck is I and who the fuck are you?

Regular life is ridiculous. It is about this isn't it?

This inbetween, this not knowing. But I fight it.

I want the ridiculous, I want the light, Ali's laugh, kitten purring in the lap.

My lap is so sore. I'm tired of being sore. Waiting for a possible burst. But hoping that it would then be over.

I mourn you but I wasn't sure I even wanted you, at least not all the painstaking work that comes with it, the enduring months of carrying you, the pain/border between life and death of delivery, the agonizing cries of a newborn and the responsibility of being its only hope.

I was terrified of you, but I wanted you, I romanticize you.

You are what you are, stuck, just like me. I'm so sorry I was stuck before you and I think I'm the reason for you sticking. I'm so sorry.

How will we survive? Can we transcend this?

No comments: