Thursday, February 5, 2009

Our City Dreams


Nancy Spero

I went to see Our City Dreams last night at the Film Forum.

The 8 o'clock showing was apparently the premiere!

We caught the 10 o'clock show.


Marina

I was one of 5 people in the theatre, which brought back a lot of memories of New York when it was a lot less crowded and when I was a lot younger. It was interesting to be watching a movie about women artists making art in New York - to hear about how people move to this City to make work.


Ghada Amer

The movie follows the lives of five women artists who have lived, or currently live, in New York City.
It was very interesting to hear different perspectives about their art making processes, and the paths their lives have taken them through the NYC art world. Having been born and raised here, I have never been driven to find success here - I've always seen this City as the small ant hill that it is...I've never understood why people come here. If I weren't born here, I would never move here.


Swoon

Even though I did not need to see this movie on the big screen, I'm glad I did.
It was a special evening, and I'm glad this film exists.


Kiki Smith

No comments: