Monday, March 22, 2010

This week

My apologies for not posting so regularly - being back in New York has been quite a blur!

We arrived in the midst of all the art fairs, and were also able to move back into our apartment - after 6 months of being on the proverbial road. And then Rose and Claire were in town for William's opera (which was amazing!), and we helped facilitate a lovely workshopper dinner and slide presentation of their most recent work. And we found a renter for one whole year, which means we're moving again, and are not sure where we'll go as of April 1.

So work has been focused on moving out of our house, and maintaining a sense of calm in the sea of New York City.
It is very easy for me to become distracted here, and stay caught in the web of daily comings and goings.
I love my apartment, but I have to admit I do not love New York anymore.
I find it a great place to stay for a little while, but for the most part I am happy to leave again.

The dinner and slide presentation was a huge success.
About 20 workshoppers arrived and brought a lovely energy to our home.
The presentation of R&C's work was thoughtful, inspiring, and very beautiful.
I appreciate how transparent they are, how beautiful their work is.

I am always learning.

This week sheetrock and a new glass door arrived; we are installing it this week for our new renters on Monday.
Boxes are to be bought for storage, and we have to find a way to make it all fit in our small basement.
Luckily, workshoppers are looking after some of our things while we are away - the plants will find a good home, and our benches and chairs will be tended to.

I am happy to leave New York again with peace of mind.
And an open heart.
xx

No comments: