Monday, October 12, 2009

September/October work

I am getting my work shot later on today.
Thought I would post them here in progress/process:


Alter/Altar
Oil on Canvas
5' x 6'
I walked by this alter every morning on the way to studio. It was in a precarious state of falling over, but was still standing. I think this resembles one's own mental and physical state from time to time...


Little Bits of Domesticity
Oil on Canvas
5'x 6'
This larger work is based on a collage I did in 2005. Everything thrown up in the air, suspended, existing in the same space


Mothers and Daugthers
Oil on Canvas
44" x 42" each panel
This is the first painting I started when I got back from the Spiritual course this summer.
As I get older, I begin to think of the changing nature of my relationship with my mother. Will I become a parent and make the same choices? This piece begins to reveal the fragility of perceived vulnerability.


West Side piers
Oil on Canvas
32" x 48"
The piers on the west side of Manhattan burned down in the summer of 1977, but have never been removed completely. This is a sketch to work with the memory of destruction, the presence of absence, and a change of perspective (literal and metaphoric)


Sky sketch
Oil on paper
18" x 24"
Painting sketch for potential new (but old) series: daily meditation as sky painting. We'll see...

No comments: