Sunday, October 5, 2008

Notes from a WACK! weekend, ecpecially from a Conversation between Mary Kelly, Griselda Pollock, myself and hundred others

Continuing the conversation, in space (a first draft of an email to Griselda)

Dear Ms Pollock,

Thank you for taking the time to talk with me after the conversation with Mary Kelly this morning in Vancouver. Out of the whole weekend I Found this dialogue most inspiring for the work that needs to be done today.

Thank you for opening the conversation with our inclusion; taking into account the architecture, space, the acceptance of your perspective/ position and inviting our participation. Very significant, thank you again.

(From my perspective, you two ladies are of course set on a pedestal, rightfully, such extraordinary beings.)

But to continue the conversation: Here is my story: I was born in 1978, in Czech Republic immigrating to the US in late eighties. Community was integral in my upbringing; although I was quite blind to the communist regime. Spiraling forward, and where our path find some common ground, that electrifying space you (we) created

The project: conversation (inclusion of voices, words) – empowering us all (again)
Not out of anger, out of meditation (stillness)
Set of demands (of myself):
Pay (or exchanges)
Voice , being able to speak,
Be heard
Listen (learned through meditation)

What are your demands now? Personally? Can we bend time and space so we can meet again in order to continue the conversation? And open it up to all?

Sincerely with love, Tereza

No comments: