Tuesday, November 13, 2007

continuing to work

After the impression the Domestic Departures workshop initially left on me, I began to wonder how to continue on in the presence of the other workshoppers in my own studio by myself?

The enormous weight of self criticism was lifted by the end of that week, only to erect itself again when I began to work again.

However, the joy of another beginning, the "oh yeah" connection felt between hand and heart were a small but profound reaffirmation of what I'm making and why.

I don't know why I'm still insecure about much of the work I make. It seems antithetical to all I've learned and all I've experienced. Is my ego still so fragile? Am I still that junior-high school girl? I've gotten so much better at speaking from my own position, and using my own voice to communicate...it's interesting how petrified I can be about my own process.

The ease of continuation transforms that sometimes. Sometimes not.

Process
Process
Process

No comments: