Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Making Sense, Collaborating, A reel/real, Reality







I have been painitng with an ease- I think about it like cleaning and from there I know I can do it. It does not carry the loaded history with it- I'm just scrubbing and polishing.






There has been so much inspiration for me on this site I am not sure where to begin.






There is so much strength here! And so much sorrow! It is real.






Please paint AEIOU- you are right it is wanting attention and is very strong.






Healing Wounds- the sketch I posted far left- from SA was needing a voice and I am so happy to be fullfilling that. Open Wounds (in the middle and detail on the right) is a 4x6foot canvas that will continue onto the walls of the gallery- For the second time I know am meant to be painitng this image. I want to share my statement with it as well:
Going far outside myself to a point half way around the world, I left a part of me far behind, opening a space.
In this cleared space I was able to listen to the other’s stories. The honesty of their words, their struggle, and their overcoming moved me to address mine.

Through meeting the people of South Africa, the landscape, my personal guard had broken-down. This guard was put up the night my father abused my mother, a crime I witnessed and carried from the age of nine. The courage to face this event was directly related to South African people’s confrontation of their past- a process I see rarely done in other states.

I am indebted to the people and land of South Africa for shifting my perspective and in turn changing my life. Open Wounds talks about seeing the trauma of ones life clearly, and processing it. Amazingly, it then moves on.
Thanks Angela , continue the fabulous work!

No comments: